Dating Hacks That Really Work
Venturing out in an almost post-COVID world can be stressful. Let’s face it, for many of us it’s been a long time since we went to a bar or another event and met someone we want to get to know. Many of us are out of practice. For some, it may be like riding a bike – something you never forget how to do. But, for others, it’s harder and requires some thought and maybe, even, a sprinkle of courage.
For Mark Shephard, nothing could be truer. “I was dating someone, and we broke up during COVID-19. I took some time off, and now I’m ready to get back out there, but it’s really hard. I don’t know what to say to people anymore, and I don’t know how to approach them.”
Mark is one of over five million singles looking for a new relationship that find it challenging according to Pew Research. However, with a few dating hacks and a plan of action, Mark got back in the game in no time! His confidence was renewed, and his enthusiasm for dating was at an all-time high. In fact, here are some awesome dating hacks that Mark strongly recommends.
- Pick someone that you think is attracted to you before you approach them. This makes getting to know someone new and breaking into conversation much easier. It also levels the playing field, so to speak.
- Imagine you’ve known the person for years that you want to talk to. Strike up a conversation. This will reduce your anxiety naturally while enabling you to bring out your best self.
- Point one foot away to make the person more interested. Everyone loves a challenge that isn’t a “done deal” but it’s a hack many have used successfully. Show your interest but be cautiously optimistic. It’s one way to create even more interest.
- Drop hints about dates you might want to do – but don’t call them dates. In other words, share your knowledge about things you think the other person will be interested in. Then let the conversation flow naturally.
- Use eye contact to build interest and attraction, but not because you think you must. Do it because you are genuinely interested in getting to know the person.
- And most of all, be genuine and authentic. Don’t try to be someone you aren’t. If someone isn’t interested in who you really are, nothing you do will make it work.
According to Mark, the single most important hack from this list that helped him is to be authentic. “Instead of worrying about my proverbial list or who I think I should be with, I changed my mind set and decided to try another way. I went out, wound up meeting a wonderful person and was, simply, myself.” And if you’re wondering what happened, here it is in his own words “magic. We talked for hours, made plans to get together, and that was five dates ago.”